Anusol Plus HC Ointment – 15g
Anusol Plus HC Ointment is a treatment that is designed to treat the symptoms and effects of haemorrhoids (piles). When applied, this ointment will reduce pain, itching, inflammation, and protect raw areas.
Haemorrhoids are swollen blood vessels that are located inside or outside of the back passage (anus). Haemorrhoids are caused by several potential issues and conditions, which include:
- Constipation – the most common cause
- Hereditary – if there is a history of piles in your family then you are more likely to suffer from them yourself.
How does this Anusol Ointment work?
This ointment works by helping to relieve the effects of the condition. This is thanks to the active ingredients that are contained in the ointment. These are:
- Hydrocortisone acetate – a steroid that helps to reduce inflammation
- Zinc oxide – soothes and protects raw areas
- Bismuth salts – works like a mild antiseptic
- Balsam Peru – protects sore areas and can help with healing
- Benzyl benzoate – a mild antiseptic
The ointment helps to reduce both external and internal haemorrhoids and relieves the swelling and itching that is caused by the condition.
Who is this ointment suitable for?
This ointment is suitable to be used by adults aged 18 years of age and over who are suffering from the effects of haemorrhoids. Anusol should not be used by anyone who is allergic to the ingredients contained in the ointment. You should also not use this ointment if you have any fungal, bacterial or viral sores on the skin.
If you suffer from rectal bleeding or blood in the stools, then speak to a doctor before using.
Can Anusol HC Ointment be used when pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then do not use this ointment.
How should Anusol HC Ointment be used?
Wash your hands before and after using this ointment. Before using, wash the affected area and then gently pat it dry using a towel.
- For external piles use a gauze dressing to apply the ointment to the affected area
- For internal piles use the included nozzle and apply the ointment to the back passage by squeezing the tube gently. Wash the nozzle after every use.
Do not use this ointment for more than 7 consecutive days and more than 4 times in a single day. If symptoms worsen then speak to a doctor before using again.
Are there any side effects?
When using Anusol HC Ointment, there is a chance that you may experience a side effect. The potential side effects include:
- A rash
These side effects generally do not last for a long time if you do experience them. If you do experience a side effect, then speak to a doctor or pharmacist.