Avamys AQ Nasal Spray 120 Doses
Avamys nasal spray is indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis in adults, adolescents and children (aged 6 years and over).
Avamys nasal spray is indicated for the treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis
- For adults and adolescents from 12 years of age: 2 sprays per nostril once daily
- For children aged 6 to 11 years: 1 spray per nostril once daily
Avamys nasal spray is for administration by the intranasal route only.
The intranasal device should be shaken before use. The device is primed by pressing the mist release button for at least six spray actuations (until a fine mist is seen), whilst holding the device upright. Repriming (approximately 6 sprays until a fine mist is seen) is only necessary if the cap is left off for 5 days or the intranasal device has not been used for 30 days or more.
The device should be cleaned after each use and the cap replaced.
How to use the Avamys device
Preparing the device:
- before you use it for the first time
- if you have left the cap off for 5 days or the intranasal device has not been used for 30 days or more
- Shake the nasal spray vigorously with the cap on for about 10 seconds.
- Remove the cap by squeezing firmly on the sides of the cap with your thumb and forefinger
- Hold the nasal spray upright, then tilt and point the nozzle away from you.
- Press the button firmly all the way in. Do this at least 6 times until it releases a fine mist of spray
- The nasal spray is now ready for use.