Benadryl Allergy Childrens 1 mg/ml Oral Solution – 70ml
Benadryl Children’s Oral Solution is a liquid medicine that helps to prevent symptoms of hay fever and other allergies. It’s perfect for children over the age of 6 and has a delicious banana flavour that kids will love. Not only that, but it’s sugar and colour free, so parents will be happy too!
What happens when you have hay fever?
When you have hay fever, it means that you’re allergic to the pollen produced in certain kinds of plants, such as flowers, grass, or trees. When you come into contact with pollen, your body creates a natural substance called histamine, which tells different areas of your body to try and clear the pollen from your body. This causes symptoms of hay fever, which can include:
- Watery eyes
- Runny or blocked nose
- Itchy eyes, nose, ears, or mouth
- Feeling tired
How will liquid Benadryl help to ease my child’s hay fever?
Benadryl contains an active ingredient called cetirizine, which works ad an antihistamine. This means it helps to ease the symptoms of hay fever and allergies by blocking histamine when it’s produced. Blocking histamine keeps it from triggering symptoms of an allergic reaction, working quickly and effectively to ease hay fever and allergies.
Can I give this medicine to my child if they’re taking other medication?
If your child is taking any other medication, including those you have obtained for them without a prescription, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before giving them Benadryl. Some medications can interact when taken together, causing unwanted side effects or making your medication less effective.
Can adults take this medicine?
Adults can take liquid Benadryl, but you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before doing so, as they may wish to recommend a product that is more suitable for adults. If an adult does take this medicine, then they will need to consider the following additional warnings:
- If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product
- You may feel sleepy or drowsy after taking this medicine, do not attempt to drive or use tools or machinery unless you are absolutely sure you are not affected in this way
- You should avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol while taking this product or any other antihistamine
How to take liquid Benadryl
Use the measuring spoon included to measure out the right dosage of Benadryl for you or your child. How much you’ll need to take will differ depending on age:
- Children aged 6 – 12: Give 1 x 5ml spoonful in the morning and 1 x 5ml spoonful in the evening
- Adults and children over the age of 12: Give 2 x 5ml spoonfuls once a day
When should this product not be used?
Liquid Benadryl is not suitable for children under the age of 6. Do not use this product if you or your child are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride, hydroxyzine, piperazine derivatives, or any of the other listed ingredients of this product. Do not give this product to your child if they suffer with serious kidney problems. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if your child:
- Has liver or kidney problems
- Has epilepsy or is at risk of convulsions (fits)
- Has difficulty passing urine
- Has been told by a doctor that they have an intolerance to some sugars, as this product contains sorbitol