Bonjela Adult Gel 15g Tube
- Effective relief for pain, discomfort and inflammation of mouth ulcers
- Treats mouth ulcers, cold sores and sore spots/ulcers due to dentures and braces
- Formulated to help fight minor mouth infection and aid the healing process
- Suitable for adults and children over the age of 16
- Sugar free
For the relief of pain, discomfort and inflammation caused by common mouth ulcers, cold sores, denture and sore spots, as well as mouth ulcers, and sore spots due to orthodontic devices. To help to fight minor mouth infection and aid healing of sore spots and ulcers due to dentures and orthodontic devices.
Method of administration
By topical application to the oral mucosa.
Adults and children over the age of 16: Using a clean finger massage approximately half an inch of the gel onto the sore area, not more than once every 3hours.
There is no indication that dosage need be modified in the elderly.
Denture irritation: Apply and leave at least 30 minutes before reinsertion of the dentures. Do not apply this product directly to the dentures.
- Not to be used in children and adolescents under the age of 16. This is because there is a possible association between salicylates and Reye’s syndrome when given to children. Reye’s syndrome is a very rare disease which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal.
- Not to be used in patients suffering from active peptic ulceration.
- Not to be used in patients with hypersensitivity to salicylates, Acetylsalicylic Acid (Aspirin) or other NSAIDs, or to any of the excipients.
- Salicylates and Acetylsalicylic acid: doses > 100 mg/day during the third trimester of pregnancy