Corsodyl Dental Gel – 50g
Corsodyl Gel is a treatment for gum problems, including gum disease, tooth decay, mouth ulcers and oral thrush, and sore mouth caused by dentures. It helps to prevent plaque building up on your teeth and gums, tackling the bacteria which cause gum problems at the source.
Why are my gums red and bleeding?
Red, swollen, and bleeding gums are often a sign of gum disease, which is also known as gingivitis in its early stages. Gum disease happens when plaque builds up on your teeth and gums, irritating the gums and causing bleeding and swelling.
How does Corsodyl Gel treat gum problems?
Corsodyl Gel contains the active ingredient chlorhexidine digluconate, which is an antibacterial agent. This means it works to kill the bacteria which cause dental plaque within just 30 seconds, helping to prevent the build-up of plaque on your teeth and gums for up to 12 hours.
Can I use this product if I’m pregnant or breastfeeding?
Corsodyl Gel is safe to use when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. However, we’d recommend speaking to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medication at this time.
Can I use my regular toothpaste when I’m using this product?
You can use your regular toothpaste when you’re using Corsodyl Gel. However, some kinds of toothpaste can stop this product from working properly, so you should make sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water after brushing. Then wait for 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl Gel.
How to use Corsodyl Gel
As Corsodyl Gel can be used for several different gum problems, including gum disease, mouth ulcers, and tooth decay, you will need to apply it differently depending on the problem you wish to treat:
- To treat gum disease: Brush your teeth with 2cm of Corsodyl Gel for at least one minute. Do this once or twice a day for around a month
- To treat mouth ulcers or oral thrush: Apply the gel directly to the affected area using a clean fingertip or a cotton bud. Do this once or twice a day for at least 1 minute. Once the area has healed, continue use for 2 more days
- To treat denture sore mouth: Thoroughly brush your dentures with 2.5cm of gel on a moistened toothbrush. Do this once or twice a day for about a month
- After dental surgery or tooth decay: Use as directed by your dentist, doctor, or pharmacist
When should this gel not be used?
Corsodyl Gel is not suitable for children under 12 years of age. Corsodyl Gel should not be used anywhere but in your mouth. Do not use this product immediately after brushing your teeth. Do not use Corsodyl Gel if you are allergic to chlorhexidine digluconate or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not swallow.
Does Corsodyl Gel have side effects?
Like all medicines, Corsodyl Gel can have side effects, although not everyone will get them. These side effects include:
- A severe allergic reaction (rash, swelling of lips, throat, tongue or face, difficulty breathing)
- Irritation, soreness, or swelling of the mouth
- Staining of the tongue
- Staining of the teeth
- Change of taste or burning sensation
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist right away.