Effaclar Duo (+) Anti-Acne Moisturiser
Effaclar Duo (+) has a lightweight, smooth, hydrating, gel-cream texture which spreads evenly, and absorbs quickly without feeling sticky or oily.
Ideal for oily skin, slightly congested skin, to acne prone and cystic acne.
This acne cream is formulated for sensitive skin, with gentle, proven ingredients, without the harsh ingredients that can further strip and irritate skin. Effaclar Duo (+) can be used to imrpove skin tone, reduce breakout recurrence, targets spots and promote long term healthy skin.
Properties & Features
Ideal for oily, imperfection-prone skin with clogged pores.
A dual-action pimple cream that targets acne prone & congested skin. This acne cream exfoliates dead skin and excess sebum, reduces redness, spots and breakouts, stimulates cell renewal and targets skin imperfections.
Effaclar Duo (+) acne moisturiser contains a unique formula of active ingredients to address the key cause and effects of acne; clogged pores, bacteria and inflammation, acne marks, and dry irritated skin.
Salicylic Acid (SA) is derived from willow bark and is oil soluble, meaning it can penetrate deep into pores and oils to break up dead skin cells and debris. Salicylic acid helps to dissolve blackheads, whiteheads and blocked pores.
LHA (Lipohydroxy acid) has skin renewing and exfoliating properties and has also been associated with dermal thickening by stimulating collagen and elastic production.The chemical exfoliants in Effaclar Duo + help to remove excess sebum, reopen clogged pores and reduce blackheads, pimples and tender lumps.
Bacteria and Inflammation
Zinc PCA regulates sebum to mattify the complexion and control shine and reduce the oil secretion that can trap bacteria that causes pimples. Zinc has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which reduce the spread of acne causing infection and soothes irritated skin. Additionally, the Pioctone olamine in Effaclar Duo formula also ensures there is no bacteria left inside pores. Salicylic acid and Niacinamide also act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Acne Marks & Scars
- Niacinamide (vitamin B₃) brightens skin, reduces redness and helps to fade acne marks that have been left after a breakout.
- Procerad™ is a ceramide which helps prevent the red, brown and purple marks.
- Mannose helps to rebalance the microbiome, reduce inflammation, and stimulate cellular turnover.
These three Effaclar Duo ingredients work together to help lighten scars and marks caused by acne.
Dry, Acne Prone Skin
Glycerin is a humectant and draws moisture into the epidermis to form a protective layer, prevent moisture loss and balance hydration levels. Glycerin does not clog pores or add oils to the skin, which makes the ingredient suitable for acne prone skin and Effaclar Duo.
How to use
- Cleanse skin thoroughly with the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel.
- Apply a thin layer to the whole face every morning and evening. Only a small amount of cream is needed.
- Avoid getting this product in your eyes, nose or mouth, or on any broken skin as this may cause irritation. If contact occurs, rinse the area immediately and thoroughly.
- Apply Effaclar Duo (+) to help hydrate the skin, target pimples and reduce breakout recurrences.