Nurofen Back Pain Relief – 24 x 300mg Capsules
Nurofen Back Pain are painkillers that help to ease a backache and pain. These sustained release capsules help to ease back pain, muscular pain and rheumatic pain throughout the day, so you can go through your day without having to worry about a backache.
What causes back pain?
Identifying the cause of back pain is not always straightforward, but is rarely anything serious. Most back pain is known as non-specific (no obvious cause) or mechanical (pain originates from the joints, bones or soft tissues in and around the spine).
Features of this type of back pain
- Tends to get better or worse depending on your position
- Often feels worse when moving
- Pain can appear gradually or suddenly
- Can be a result of poor posture or lifting something awkwardly, but often happens for no apparent reason
- May be caused by a minor injury such as a sprain (pulled ligament) or strain (pulled muscle)
- Can be associated with stress or feeling run down
- Will usually start to get better within a few weeks
Some conditions can frequently cause back pain.
- A slipped disk – A disc of cartilage in the spine pressing on a nerve
- Sciatica – Irritation of the nerve that runs from the lower back to the feet
- Ankylosing spondylitis – Swelling of the joints in the spine
- Spondylolisthesis – A bone in the spine slipping out of position
How will this product ease my back pain?
Nurofen Back Pain contains the active ingredient ibuprofen, a popular over the counter painkiller that many people use to manage everyday aches and pains. Ibuprofen is a part of a group of medicines known as NSAIDs, or Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs. This means that Ibuprofen can help to ease swelling and inflammation as well as pain. This product has been specifically designed to give lasting relief by reducing inflammation and ease symptoms for over 12 hours by slowly releasing the ibuprofen.
How to take Nurofen Back Pain
Take 1 – 2 Nurofen Back Pain capsules with water up to twice a day, as required. Be sure to leave at least 8 hours between each dose and do not take more than 4 capsules in any 24-hour period. Do not take this product for more than 10 days.
When should Nurofen Back Pain not be used?
Nurofen Back Pain is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12. Do not use this product if you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other painkillers, or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not take this product if you:
- Have or have had more than 2 episodes of a stomach ulcer, perforation, or bleeding
- Have ever had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose, or facial swelling when taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar medicines
- Have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when taking ibuprofen, aspirin, or other NSAIDs
- Are taking any other NSAIDs or more than 75mg of aspirin a day
- Have severe liver or kidney problems
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure, or blood coagulation disorder
- Have breathing difficulties
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using Nurofen Back Pain if you:
- Have or have had asthma
- Have kidney, heart, liver, or bowel problems
- Have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke
- Have a history of gastrointestinal disease, e.g. ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Are a smoker
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy
Nurofen Back Pain should not be taken at the same time as some other medicines, for a list of which medicines should not be taken alongside this product please read the patient information leaflet.
Does this product have any side effects?
Like all medicines, Nurofen Back Pain can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Signs of intestinal bleeding, e.g. bright red stools, black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds
- Signs of severe allergic reaction, e.g. difficulties in breathing, unexplained wheezing, dizziness, faster heartbeat, severe skin reaction such as rashes or itchiness, swelling of the face or throat
- Signs of kidney problems, e.g. passing less or more urine, cloudy urine, blood in urine, pain in the back, swelling (particularly in the legs)
- Signs of aseptic meningitis, e.g. neck stiffness, headache, feeling sick, being sick, fever, disorientation. Patients with autoimmune disorders may be more likely to be affected.
- A severe skin reaction known as DRESS, showing symptoms such as skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes, increase in a kind of white blood cells called eosinophils
- Indigestion, heartburn, or feeling sick
- Pains in your stomach or any other abnormal stomach problems
- Allergic reactions such as skin rashes, itching, peeling
- Flatulence, diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting
- Signs of blood disorder, e.g. unexplained or unusual bleeding or bruising, fever, sore throat, mouth ulcers, flu-like symptoms, severe exhaustion
- Drop in blood pressure, irregular heartbeat
- Liver problems
- Worsening of asthma or bronchospasm
- Swelling (oedema), high blood pressure, heart failure or attack
- Worsening of colitis and Crohn’s disease
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist straight away.