Viscotears Liquid Gel Sterile Eye Drops – 10g
Viscotears liquid eye gel is used to make your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. Known as ‘artificial tears’, Viscotears treats dry eye conditions, including keratoconjunctivitis sicca, by clinging to the surface of the eye.
- Always wash your hands before applying Viscotears Liquid Gel.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops and do not replace for at least 30 minutes.
- Hold the tube vertically.
- Tilt your head backwards
- Rest one hand on your cheek and gently pull down your lower eye lid.
- Look upwards.
- Insert one drop by squeezing the tube gently
- Blink a few times to spread the liquid gel evenly over your eye.
- Wipe away any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- Repeat for your other eye if required.
Do not touch your eye or the surrounding area with the tip of the dropper. Viscotears Liquid Gel is not to be administered by multiple users.
Always read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
What causes dry eyes?
Many people suffer from dry eyes at one point or another, and it usually isn’t a serious condition, but if you regularly experience dry eyes then it can be extremely irritating. Dry eyes can cause symptoms such as itching, soreness, and blurred vision, leaving you looking for a solution which will hydrate your eyes and ease discomfort. Some of the most common causes of dry eyes include:
- Looking at computer screens for long periods
- Wearing contact lenses
- Being older than 50
- Air-conditioned or heated environments
- Weather, e.g. wind, heat, cold, dust
- Some medication, e.g. antidepressants, blood pressure drugs
- Certain medical conditions, e.g. blepharitis, Sjogren’s syndrome, lupus
How will Viscotears help to hydrate my dry eyes?
Viscotears liquid gel contains the active ingredient carbomer, which means that these eye drops work as “artificial tears”. Eye drops that work in this way hydrate dry eyes in the same way your natural tears would, making your eyes feel more comfortable and less irritated.
Dosage – Unless otherwise stated by your doctor or pharmacist, the usual dosage of Viscotears Liquid Gel is:
- Adults (including the elderly): One drop in each affected eye, three or four times a day.
- Children: Viscotears Liquid Gel should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.