Xylolin (Xylometazoline/Hydrochloride) Adult Nasal Spray 10ml
What Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray contains
The active ingredient is xylometazoline
hydrochloride (0.1% w/v).
The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium
phosphate, sodium acid phosphate, disodium
edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water.
Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray is for application in the nose to give relief from:
- nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
- perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever)
Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
BEFORE YOU USE OTRIVINE ADULT NASAL SPRAY
DO NOT use the spray if you:
- are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the spray
- are allergic to other decongestants
- have had recent neurosurgery.
- Do not use this spray for children under 12 years old.
Take special care
Before using the spray tell your doctor if you:
- have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
- have glaucoma
- have diabetes mellitus
- have heart or circulatory disease
- are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- have hypertension
HOW TO USE OTRIVINE ADULT NASAL SPRAY
For Adults and Children over 12 years of age: 1 spray in each nostril 2 or 3 times daily.
- Clear your nose.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into a nostril
- Squeeze the bottle once and sniff at the same time.
- Remove the nozzle before releasing the pressure on the bottle.
- Repeat for the other nostril.
To avoid possible spread of infection, this pack should only be used by one person.
For reasons of hygiene do not use this bottle for more than 28 days after opening it.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
If you use more Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray than you should, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
4. POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Local discomfort may be felt after applying the spray if you have sensitive nasal passages.
Occasionally the following side effects have been reported:
- A burning sensation in the nose and throat
- local irritation
- dryness of the nasal membranes
- temporary and passing visual disturbances
- allergic reactions.
Cardiovascular effects, for example, palpitations may also occur especially if you have heart problems.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.